Namedrive just let me in on the Beta of Â Fastpage, which is aÂ glorifiedÂ way of saying “autosites”.
In the beta, you just switch a few domains from your standard parked domain portfolio over to Fastpark. You add their keywords and categories, as normal. And then you hit “publish”.
After a few minutes, the autosites go live and you can edit them and custom tailor them to what you want.
Here is a screenshot of the beta editing interface:
As you can clearly see from the screenshot (you have to click it, duh…), you can easily and quickly change colours, columns, widgets etc. On the optimize button you can add meta data for better seo.
The current widgets are fine by themselves:
- Text adds a text box that you specify, just like in wordpress
- Blog entries does not seem to work yet
- Image uploads an image from your drive
- Widget is for custom widgets, i.e. amazon?
- Affiliate code is where you put your affiliate codes directly in the page
- Bookmark just adds the well known widget bookmark everything
- CPC ads puts a box that pulls ads like Adsense
- News pulls news articles based on a keyword you specify.
- Photos adds photos from the web based on a keyword you specify.
- RSS feed is, yes! An RSS feed you specify. Propably the most powerful feature. You can put your own site’s feeds, or product feeds with affiliate codes, or whatever.
- Search box adds a redundant search box. There is another one on top.
- Full page widgets are very powerful, they are filled with pictures and article snippets and even ads. A single one of them makes the site look like a real one. Currently, there are only a few choices but this is still beta. The themes are Lottery, Horoscope, entertainment, stocks, swimsuit models (yes, babes), recipes, soccer, mortgages, MPG ratings, Â sudoku (!), flight tracking, fitness videos. They are great so far, and I am sure that upon Fastpage’s launch there will be enough to feed the world.
- Flights shows up a flights search box, with aff links. You get a part of the payout.
- Hotels, same as above.
- Jobs shows job listings, you can put in a keyword, or leave it black and let it geolocate. Yup, awesome.
- Local directory, same as above.
- Products (affiliate) pulls product feeds based on keyword, with per sale commission where as,
- Products (CPC) does the same, but you earn per click. Pretty good if you ask me.
- And finally property listings pulls data based on zip code, or if left black it geolocates.
It generally is an awesome feature, but still in the early days of beta. The interface is simple yet powerful, and it enables you to manage, optimize and monetize a large portfolio of parked domains. Especially Fastpage is a true example of set-it-and-forget-it, you do the work once, you let it work forever.
It is still early to judge results, but I suggest that you add the RSS feeds to your fastpages so that they remain fresh to the bots.
Click this toÂ Signup at Namedrive.
Popularity: 1% [?]